Friday, January 30, 2009

A skirt for Felicity... I decided to recycle a pair of my daughters too small jeans and make her American Girl doll a new jean skirt. Cece, my daughter, would like Felicity, her American Girl doll, to have as many outfits as she does - no easy task. It was so easy to make!! I just estimated how long it should be, cut the bottom of the jean leg and rolled the cut edge about 1/3 of an inch. I rolled the edge again and sewed it on my sewing machine, leaving an opening to feed the 1/4" elastic through. After feeding the elastic, I sewed up the opening and ... a new skirt!!

Now Cece wants me to make more clothes for Felicity, and maybe some matching ones for her too. My mom used to make me clothes when I was little and I hated to wear them, so I have a hard time believing that my daughter is going to like anything I make - but maybe I will be pleasantly surprised and my mother will be shocked. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment