Thursday, February 19, 2009


Well, it's happened. Cece asked me to make her a spring dress to wear to school and she wore it. I'm shocked. My mom will be comlpetely and utterly amazed.

I actually had this secret sense of pride to see her wearing something I made. I make things all the time. I make books, sew blankets, and even bake my own bread, but I made a dress. A dress is so useful and practical and this one even has a little cranberry pom pom trim around the bottom. Of course Cece had total design control. She chose the design, the fabric and the trim. I don't think she would have had it any other way.

My daughter wants me to make more dresses, she even has the fabric picked out. I made this dress from a pattern I purchased from an Esty shop called LittleDresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment