Monday, November 26, 2012

Handcrafted Wire Findings

After making quite a few beads and then contemplating what they would look like as jewelry, I browsed pre-made findings online and just couldn't find anything I truly loved.  This is probably because I have no idea what I want the finished product to look like.  So, I purchased Handcrafted Wire Findings by Denise Peck and Jane Dickerson and tried creating my own.

glass bead lampwork necklace wire findings
Glass bead necklace with handcrafted wire findings

Not bad for a first try, except I used copper and copper turns your skin green.  Who knew?  Well, the statue of liberty and copper pennies and I guess I wasn't thinking.  But, I am really happy with the rustic curls of the metal next the shiny clean lines of the glass.  Here's a close-up of the clasp and some of the beads.

Handmade copper wire clasp lampwork torch glass beads
Handmade copper wire clasp and glass beads

Maybe I'll try silver next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment