Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Laser Sailboat Fused Glass Window

My niece sails lasers at the Corinthian Yacht Club in Cape May, New Jersey.  She is a senior in high school and this will be her last season sailing.  It doesn't seem possible that she is old enough to go to college, that must make me pretty old too.

My brother asked me to make a glass laser with her sail numbers.  I like the way it turned out, just good clean lines and a simple color palette to make it completely about the sailboat.

Laser One-Design Fused Glass Window Panel by flutterbybutterfly on flutterbyfoto
Laser One-Design Fused Glass Window Panel

Here is the photo I worked from.  I tried to give the sailboat a three dimensional perspective using two different shades of white and tapering the blue stripe on the hull.  The boat and iridescent background were taken to a solid contour fuse.  The sail numbers were done in liquid glass and taken to a quick tack fuse so they didn't spread on the stiff white.

Laser One-Design
Nicole's Laser

Enjoy Nicole!  I wish they retired sail numbers so you could keep your sail too.

No comments:

Post a Comment