Thursday, May 14, 2009

Now when someone asks me what I do for a living - I can say boat builder. Well that might be an exaggeration, but I did start the construction of a skin on frame kayak. My husband found offset tables and tons of photos on Yostwerks, all for free.

I did have some difficulty finding someone with painfully explicit instructions, everyone just assumes you know what you're doing. So I thought I would document how a beginner did it without a kit or any real solid, step-by-step instructions. You can find all my mistakes at MyKayakDiary if you're interested.

I have drawn and cut out my cross sections and my husband has already found a mistake. One of the cut outs for the gunwhale on cross section 5 is too big. Luckily I walked into the garage and found my husband had glued a block in and now it's fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment