Monday, January 12, 2015

Day 12 Glass Powder Sgraffito Challenge

Today's challenge is to create a glass powder sketch of something we use everyday, I chose a fork and a spoon from our silverware drawer.  My silverware belonged to my grandparents.  Sometimes, but never often enough, I think about the hands that have touched each piece of this set over the years.  Mostly, though I forget to remember the little things because we always seem to be in a rush.

glass powder bullseye sgraffito fused frit painting sketch fork spoon silverware art flutterbybutterfly flutterbyfoto day 12
Glass Powder Painting Sketch of a Fork and Spoon

Here's the fork and spoon.  I had intended to draw a bunch of forks and spoons piled randomly on each other, but it seemed way too daunting.  I used my sifters, a business card, a scraper from a scrathboard kit, and a q-tip.

glass powder bullseye sgraffito fused frit painting sketch fork spoon silverware art flutterbybutterfly flutterbyfoto day 12
The Actual Fork and Spoon

No comments:

Post a Comment