Sunday, January 4, 2015

Day 4 Glass Powder Sgraffito Challenge

The task assigned for today's challenge was to create 5 glass powder sketches.  Each drawing would only take 5 minutes and use only fingers and a business card as tools.  The black glass powder was to be dumped at the completion of each one.  The second sketch was the only one I liked.

octopus glass powder bullseye sgraffito fused frit painting flutterbybutterfly flutterbyfoto day 4 challenge
Glass Powder Sgraffito Frit Painting of an Octopus

I found this challenge really hard.  I'm a planner and a calculator and just seeing how things flow does not come easy.  I tried to just let my glass drizzle randomly and allow the lines to curve organically.  Here are the other four powder sketches.  I didn't save any.

Sketch 1

Sketch 3

Sketch 4

Sketch 5

No comments:

Post a Comment