Thursday, January 29, 2015

Day 29 Glass Powder Sgraffito Challenge

Today's challenge is to begin a self-portrait in glass powder.  Since Einstein was my first portrait in any medium, this is my second.  I tried to take a selfie but hated each one I snapped so I used a photo my husband took at the beach last fall - I think it's easier to see myself through his eyes.  Dissecting my features to create this portrait was painful and adding the teeth in just reminds me of the shark sketch.  After stepping back and taking a look at the progress, my sunglasses seem to be squeezing my brain and I think I have Einstein's jaw line.  I will try some more later.

glass powder bullseye sgraffito fused frit painting sharon warren self portrait art flutterbybutterfly flutterbyfoto day 29
Glass Powder Painting Sketch Self-Portrait
glass powder bullseye sgraffito fused frit painting sharon warren self portrait art flutterbybutterfly flutterbyfoto day 29
My Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment