Sunday, January 25, 2015

Day 25 Glass Powder Sgraffito Challenge

The challenge for day 25 asks that we sketch a tree using our non-dominant hand and assorted tools to manipulate the glass powder.  After yesterday's free form tree, I decided to use a photo for inspiration.  Creating with my left hand was actually comfortable but extremely conscious.  It was difficult to think lefty - my supplies kept ending up on the right side and it was hard to focus on working right to left so I didn't drag my sleeve through the sketch.  Unconsciously defaulting to righty, I kept forgetting and had to turn the drawing upside down so as not to disturb something already drawn.  This drawing took longer than yesterday so when I finally got to the bird my hand was shaking, at first I used my pinky for extra stability and then even my right hand for resting my left wrist on.

glass powder bullseye sgraffito fused frit painting left hand tree wood stork bird art flutterbybutterfly flutterbyfoto day 25
Glass Powder Painting Sketch of Wood Stork

This photo of a wood stork was taken at the rookery in the St. Augustine Alligator Farm.  I wanted to include the foliage but my brain was getting tired of thinking lefty and I was afraid to mess everything up.

glass powder bullseye sgraffito fused frit painting left hand tree wood stork bird art flutterbybutterfly flutterbyfoto day 25
Wood Stork Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment